Prospan Syrup 120ml is a well-known over-the-counter medication widely used to treat various respiratory issues. In this article, we will delve into the detailed uses, potential side effects, and pricing of this syrup. Whether you’re a seasoned user or new to Prospan, our aim is to provide you with expert knowledge and helpful information.
Understanding Prospan Syrup
Prospan Syrup, available in a 120ml bottle, is a mucolytic agent used to relieve symptoms associated with respiratory conditions. It is a popular choice for those seeking relief from coughs and chest congestion.
Prospan Syrup 120ml: Uses, Side Effects & Price
In this section, we will explore the primary uses, potential side effects, and pricing of Prospan Syrup 120ml in detail.
Uses of Prospan Syrup 120ml
Prospan Syrup 120ml is a versatile medication with various applications. It is primarily used to:
- Relieve Coughs: The syrup is highly effective in alleviating both dry and productive coughs. It works by loosening mucus and making it easier to clear the airways.
- Reduce Chest Congestion: Prospan Syrup helps in breaking down and thinning mucus in the chest, making it easier to cough up.
- Respiratory Conditions: It is recommended for various respiratory conditions, including bronchitis, asthma, and other lung-related issues.
- Boost Recovery: Prospan Syrup can assist in a quicker recovery from respiratory infections and illnesses.
Side Effects of Prospan Syrup 120ml
While generally safe, Prospan Syrup may cause some side effects in rare cases. These can include:
- Nausea: Some users may experience mild nausea after taking Prospan Syrup, which usually subsides quickly.
- Allergic Reactions: Although uncommon, some individuals may develop allergic reactions. If you experience itching, rashes, or swelling, discontinue use and seek medical attention.
- Digestive Discomfort: Infrequent reports of stomach discomfort, diarrhea, or vomiting have been noted.
- Dizziness: In rare cases, dizziness has been reported as a side effect.
Pricing of Prospan Syrup 120ml
The price of Prospan Syrup 120ml may vary depending on your location and the specific pharmacy or store. On average, a 120ml bottle can cost anywhere from $10 to $20. It’s advisable to compare prices from different sources to find the best deal.
Is Prospan Syrup 120ml safe for children?
Yes, Prospan Syrup is generally safe for children. However, it’s essential to follow the recommended dosage for their age and consult a pediatrician if you have any concerns.
Can I use Prospan Syrup with other medications?
It’s advisable to consult a healthcare professional before combining Prospan Syrup with other medications, especially if you are already taking prescription drugs.
How long does it take for Prospan Syrup to work?
The time it takes for Prospan Syrup to show results can vary from person to person. In general, it should start providing relief within a few days.
Are there any dietary restrictions while using Prospan Syrup?
There are no specific dietary restrictions while using Prospan Syrup. However, it’s important to maintain a balanced diet to support your overall health.
Is Prospan Syrup available without a prescription?
Yes, Prospan Syrup is available over the counter and does not require a prescription for purchase.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Prospan Syrup?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it’s close to the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Prospan Syrup 120ml
The information provided on this blog regarding medicine uses, prices, and side effects is solely based on data collected from public domains. I am not a doctor or medical professional. While I strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information, I cannot guarantee the absolute accuracy or completeness of the data.
It is always recommended to consult with a qualified healthcare professional or doctor for personalized medical advice and information. The content on this blog should not be considered a substitute for professional medical guidance. The reader is advised to use the information provided at their own discretion and risk.
I do not assume any responsibility for any consequences arising from the use of the information on this blog.